Jeremy Tarian (Paris/France)
- Behind every frame is a face that tells its own story. Jeremy Tarian creates his designs for the individual, not for a label. As an alternative to mainstream labels and big design houses he combines urban street-couture and timeless design - without visible labeling. Jeremy and Yves are planning to cooperate on collections in the future.
Graz Mulcahy (Sydney/Australia)
- A real multi-talent. Sitting at a desk, designing glasses by day, standing behind the turntables of the best clubs of Sydney, dj-ing by night - not everyone can do that. Wonderfully simple, without visible labeling - but always with that certain something. Of course in materials of the highest quality: titanium, stainless steel and cellulose acetate are the materials of his choice.
Vuerich Brothers (Barcelona/Spain)
- Glasses made of skateboards? Isn’t that crazy? No! The Vuerich brothers attended to the matter and it became a wonderful collection. In their hometown, Barcelona, they specialize in the development and manufacture of wooden glasses. The masterstroke: as raw material they use recycled skateboards. The differently colored layers of wood result in a rainbow of colors, making each piece unique. The laminated wood not only creates beautiful colorways, it is also very sturdy. We are especially proud to have introduced these glasses to the German market.
Oscar Magnuson (Stockholm/Sweden)
- Our friend from Sweden manufactures glasses of the purest cellulose acetate in a timeless, classic design. We are lucky to know him personally, he is just as likeable as his designs - clear and down-to-earth.
In 2010 introduced to the German market by us and still one of the highlights at Brillenschneiderei Yves.
- L.G.R is known for high-quality glasses with focus on comfort, design and sustainability. The combination of traditional Italian craftsmanship and modern technology results in a very unique product. The inspiration for L.G.R is Africa. During a visit to Eritrea the founder, Luca Gnecchi Ruscone, discovered in his grandfathers warehouse an old box of Italian sunglasses. They had been imported 50 years earlier and Luca could not get them out of his mind. He found the factory that originally produced them and reopened it. Today, every model is named after an African city - also the colors are obviously inspired by the continent.
Christian Roth (New York City/USA - Berlin/Germany)
- Christian is one-of-a-kind in the business. In the 80s, he founded Optical Affairs with his partner and to the present day he has kept his signature designs. Extravagant designs and high-quality materials like titanium and acetate are perfectly matched in his creations. The quality of the workmanship is astonishing! The classics of his collections are outstanding and of course available at Brillenschneiderei Yves!
Thierry Lasry (Paris/France)
- In 2006 he founded, together with his parents, the label Thierry Lasry. His creations are classic, modern with an avant-garde touch. The glasses are entirely handmade in France, of course from the best materials. Small quantities make his creations very special, particularly the combination of acetate and shapely metal temples are a must-have. Some of these gems are ornamented at the front with gold leaf - just ingenious.
Herrlicht (Thuringian Forest/Germany)
- The designer and longtime friend Andreas Herrlicht combines wood and glasses in perfect symbiosis. Some years ago, Andreas started with his first collection and reinvented glasses - made from wood. Each frame is built individually and has its own character. 100% wood, 100% nature. Be it maple, cherry, fumed oak or walnut. Lightness and a perfect fit are strong qualities of Herrlicht glasses - the subtle and classic designs perfectly harmonize with the wearer’s face. For every frame there is a wooden case which is a small work of art in itself. Every day, we are again and again excited by Herrlicht.
Waiting for the Sun (Paris/France)
- A wonderful small label from France. The frames are made of bamboo and african oak and are a real featherweight on the nose. Timeless design, high-quality materials - this is how we like it at Brillenschneiderei Yves. Less is more is the name of the game.
Super Sunglasses (Italy)
- The name says it all: Super design, Super stylish. Founded in 2007, Super Sunglasses was one of our favorites right from the start. An up-and-coming label, popular especially with our young and young at heart customers. In 2011 we were the first optician in Berlin allowed to present Super. In the past few years, we had the largest selection of Super Sunglasses in all of Germany and we‘re very happy about that. Classic forms in both classic and fancy colors and materials - Super is just a great brand. And the best thing is: they‘re great value for money.
Yellows Plus (Japan)
- In Japan, high-quality craftsmanship is valued like in almost any other country on earth. Refinement, precision and aesthetics are the qualities Japanese goods are known for. Yellows Plus is a perfect example for the excellent products created in this country. Classic forms, perfectly executed. Both the materials and the workmanship are world class - this is immediately apparent to anyone who takes a Yellows Plus in hand. In 2012 we were the first optician to show the new collection in Berlin and we still are very happy about that.
Garrett Leight (California/USA)
- In 2012, Garrett Leight opened his first shop in Venice Beach on the West Coast of the USA. By doing this, he followed in his father‘s footsteps; Larry Leight opened, a quarter of a century earlier, the now world-famous Oliver Peoples. His father‘s influence is obvious: classically balanced frames in thin acetate. The son puts a little more importance on the contemporary though. Like no one else, he combines classic forms and materials with a decidedly modern touch. Garrett personally paid us a visit in 2011 and complimented Yves on the store concept, which made us very happy. Thanks, Garrett!
Brillenschneiderei Yves (Berlin/Germany)